Facing fierce competition from online bookstores e.g. Amazon, eason developed a bold and innovative “bricks and clicks” retail model. The business put very substantial investment into its e-commerce capability, targeting both the Irish and International online markets.
Eason recognise that an always available and efficient e-commerce site is essential for survival, as downtime literally means lost sales and a slow user experience will push potential customers to competitors’ sites.
What we did
- Designed and delivered a dedicated managed hosting platform, using Private Cloud technologies
- Utilising virtualisation we deployed individual hosting environments for eason’s applications and e-commerce site
- This platform is designed to be a highly available and secure
- Extensive work with Eason development teams to maximise performance of a demanding database driven website
- Underpinning physical platform hosted in ISO 27001 accredited Tier 3 datacentres
- No single points of failure
- Fully managed service with comprehensive SLA
- Ireland's best online book and eBook shop
- Improved customer satisfaction
- Better conversion rates
- Increased revenue
- Retail Excellence Ireland award for National Website of the Year, 2013